Sunday, January 20, 2013

Leadership & Confidence: Animal Layout ~ Rooster Lesson Plan





Animal:
·         The Rooster

Traits (ideas from www.wikipedia.org ):
·         FOCUS: Confidence & Leadership, Movement: Struts


Books:



























Songs & Rhymes (most can be found and heard on www.youtube.com ):
·         “I’ve Gotta Crow”(from Broadway’s Peter Pan)
·         “Following the Leader” (from Disney’s Peter Pan)
·         “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” (Christian Mother Goose version, see book above)
·         “This Little Light of Mine” (children’s Bible song, see illustrated book above)


Scriptures:

·         Luke 18:16-17
Then Jesus called for the children and said to the disciples, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn’t receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it.”
·         Matthew 21:26
They asked Jesus, “Do you hear what these children are saying?” “Yes,” Jesus replied. “Haven’t you ever read the Scriptures? For they say, ‘You have taught children and infants to give you praise.’ ”




·         Psalm 8:2
“You have taught children and infants
to tell of your strength,
silencing your enemies
and all who oppose you.”

Craft Focus for “Application Cement”
#1        “So Naturally
When I discover the cleverness of a remarkable me,
How can I hide it
When deep down inside it just tickles me so
That I've gotta let go and crow!”

#2       Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children.” ~ from Matthew 18:16

#3       “Hide it under a bushel?
NO!
I’m gonna let it shine!”

Game/Activity Ideas for “Application Cement”
·         Game:
Chutes and Ladders: (I just printed a game sheet from online and printed a stack of “happy choice” picture cards for the kids to pick from when they landed on a ladder and “sad choice” picture cards for them to pick when they landed on a chute)

No comments:

Post a Comment